5 Tips to Boost Product Sales with Pinterest
Pinterest is the third largest referrer of traffic after Google and Facebook. SEO matters. And unlike Instagram, product photos can be linked to product pages. In fact, 87% of Pinterest users have purchased a product because they found it on Pinterest. Better yet, Pins have a long lifespan as they get pinned and re-pinned, especially during holidays.
Here are some tips on how to use Pinterest to boost product sales. If you don’t already have business page, start there.
- SEO. SEO. SEO. Maximize search results with relevant and popular keywords.
- Use at least 5 hashtags to widen discoverability. If you don’t want to clutter your description, add hashtags in the comment section after you post.
- Link photos to your product or category page. To avoid getting penalized for non-converting traffic (especially on Amazon), you may want to consider creating a landing page to filter traffic and better qualify sales.
- Use Rich Pins, which includes important information like real-time pricing, where to buy and stock availability. Available on business pages only.
- Buy Pins makes allow users to buy directly from Pinterest. This features is only available in the U.S. via the iPhone and iPad Pinterest apps.
- DIY photos with copy are encouraged and help to show the whole picture.
- How to Use Pinterest to Grow Your Business
- eBay OPEN 2016, Social Media Workshop with Jordana Reim